Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager (CSM) is an important key to the hotel’s success. The CSM will develop and foster group catering and dining business through direct sales efforts, marketing, and tours of hotel for meetings and events to meet and/or exceed sales and revenue goals. The CSM’s purpose is to generate top line catering revenue, build/strengthen client relationships, and provide service excellence.
- Handle inquiry calls, solicit, negotiate, and confirm new and repeat catering and group dining business through mining new & existing accounts, lead follow-up, telemarketing, referrals, prospecting, etc.
- Monitor all direct and indirect lead channels responding appropriately and timely to all catering and group dining leads.
- Schedule site visits and giving assistance to any walk-in clients providing them an informative and positive experience.
- Hotel-client liaison ensuring customer satisfaction with every event.
- Follow the established sales process standards and policies.
- Plan, up-sell, and coordinate function details with client to include space requirements, meeting/event times, equipment, audio visual, menus, and billing, etc.
- Prepare and execute sales/catering contracts, banquet event orders, and group resumes to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Create and distribute effective internal and external communication between client, sales, food & beverage, and hotel operations (written and verbal).
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current, and future hotel/market/account trends.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with established sales and catering systems.
- Participate in training, tradeshows, community, industry, and professional organizations to maintain high visibility in support of the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Advocate service excellence, professionalism, teamwork, and an environment to have fun, learn and succeed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide update on business.
- Work effectively with a sense of urgency and focus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with food and beverage service, menu planning and private/group event coordination.
- Knowledge of current wedding trends and corporate catering landscape.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, management, and co-workers.
- Ability to creatively resolve guests concerns or challenges using business acumen skills and discretion.
- A minimum of two years of sales experience in a related position. Previous catering sales experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the sales procedures associated with the hospitality industry.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills to produce effective sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the hotels image.
- Possesses computer skills & knowledge of, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sales & Catering System(s).
- Ability to actively listen.
- Comfortable working both independently and as a team.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and provide customer excellence.
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments.
- Desire to serve people.
Travel: Local travel
Schedule: Mixture of Weekday and Weekends (based on catering events & booking demand)
Report To: Director of Sales
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.