The Durham Sales Manager both responds and solicits group business that enables the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food & beverage. The Sales Manager is also the primary contact for contracted customers planning groups and meetings ensuring that all pre-event, event and post-event phases are communicated appropriately both internally and externally. They must advocate and participate in the seamless communication between sales, restaurant and hotel operations to ensure the success of the sales efforts and customer satisfaction.
- Handle inquiry calls, solicit, negotiate, and confirm new and repeat transient, group, meeting, and catering business through mining new & existing accounts, lead follow-up, telemarketing, referrals, prospecting, etc.
- Monitor all direct and indirect lead channels responding appropriately and timely to all transient, group, meeting, and catering leads.
- Schedule site visits and giving assistance to any walk-in clients providing them an informative and positive experience.
- Hotel-client liaison ensuring customer satisfaction with every event.
- Follow the established sales process standards and policies.
- Plan, up-sell and coordinate function details with client to include space requirements, meeting/event times, equipment, audio visual, menu, and billing, etc.
- Prepare and execute sales contracts, banquet event orders, and group resumes to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Create and distribute effective internal and external communication between client, sales, food & beverage, and hotel operations (written and verbal).
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with established sales and catering systems.
- Participate in training, tradeshows, community, industry and professional organizations to maintain high visibility in support of the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Advocate service excellence, teamwork and an environment to have fun, learn and succeed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide update on business.
- Work effectively with a sense of urgency and focus.
Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of two-years hotel sales experience in a related position. Previous catering sales and/or events experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the sales procedures associated with the hospitality industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to creatively resolve guests concerns or challenges using business acumen skills and discretion.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills to produce effective sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the hotels image.
- Possesses computer skills & knowledge of, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sales & Catering System(s).
- Ability to actively listen.
- Comfortable working both independently and as a team.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and provide customer excellence.
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments.
- Desire to serve people.
Report To: Director of Sales
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.