Hotel Reservation Changes & Cancellations
The safety and wellbeing of our guests is a top priority. Because changes are ongoing and unforeseeable due to COVID-19, we have implemented new cancellation policies to provide our guests with increased flexibility during these challenging times.
For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date, unless the rate specifies otherwise (as in our No Strings Attached rate).* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
*Important Information: We are not currently cancelling or refunding reservations for Duke Commencement (graduation) weekend (5/8-5/11, 2020). These reservations will be re-booked once Duke determines the new dates for their graduation celebration, and we will contact guests at that time. Find more information about Duke Commencement at https://commencement.duke.edu/.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We at The Durham Hotel share your concern regarding exposure to viruses including COVID-19. We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. The Durham Hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps we are taking include:
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel is using cleaning products that meet CDC guidelines and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Housekeepers wear new gloves to clean each room. Additional precautions include rotating hotel rooms every 72 hours when possible. This means the room you are checking into will not have been occupied during this time.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Ongoing Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – have always been essential to our cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re continuing to focus on this:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act in conjunction with staying home if ill, and to avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth. It’s critical for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced virus prevention awareness training.
- Wellness Checks: We are conducting regular wellness checks at the beginning of each shift including temperature checks and asking health-related questions. Employees exhibiting signs of illness will be sent home until they can be medically cleared.
We are monitoring news and guidelines from the government and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and we are vigilantly following the advice to keep you happy and healthy. If you have any questions about our cleanliness procedures, please email us at email@example.com. We are here for you.